Friday, January 20, 2006

On To The Beer!!

Downtown Brewing Co., San Luis Obispo, CA

Aaron: Well, for a sports bar, this place wasn’t so bad… but for a brew pub, it was. Nice building, just filled with the mesmerizing lights of too many large TVs. Our $9 sandwiches were palm-sized, but the curly fries stood out. Beer was OK to poor, and the service, while friendly, left something to be desired. OK first stop. ----THUMB DOWN

Mark: I’ve been trying to be less negative lately. But this place makes it tough. I’m going to say there must be a different beer culture in Southern California—a culture I have a hard time appreciating. I hope the waitress and her cute little blonde kids do well here. But I’ll surely never come back. ----THUMB DOWN

Meg: To start off on a positive note, the company was good and the honey ale I had wasn’t bad. The service wasn’t great though, and the prices were rather high given the equality. I wouldn’t choose to come here again. ----THUMB DOWN

Wolf Creek Restaurant and Brewing Co., Valencia, CA

Mark: Despite the lack of wolf décor and disappointing décor, I liked the home-made mugs on the wall (see picture! –a) and the free bread/olive dip. The beer was OK, but no stout! ----THUMB DOWN

Aaron: Loved that Winter Wonderland! Great caramel flavor. Too bad the place is in a strip mall, right by a Ralph’s and Rite-Aid (see pic with Starbucks and Blockbuster). Pizza was OK. ----THUMB ASIDE

Meg: Other than the fact it was in a strip mall and the noise level seemed a bit high, I enjoyed it. My turkey avocado melt and garlic fries were delicious and I loved the Winter Wonderland. ----THUMB ASIDE



No comments: