Thursday, January 19, 2006

Day 4: Hollister to Santa Barbara





Today’s drive down to San Luis Obispo was incredible. From Hollister to King City we got to drive down Hwy 25. I had to keep taking these deep breaths and remind myself that, “oh, it’s me driving… LOOK AT THE ROAD, AARON!!” These pictures weren’t of the most amazing parts of the drive, but as we climbed out of the San Benito Range, I realized that the vistas were being left behind and I had to capture some of it. Left behind were the beautiful rolling hills lit by vivid sunshine peaking through the scattered clouds. Left behind was the FULL RAINBOW that spanned the valley, ridge to ridge. If it had been just me in the car, I’m sure it would have taken three hours to make the hour drive, so many photos there were to be taken.

In Paso Robles we made use of a pleasant café with wireless internet so we could plan out the remainder of our day. Nice to have two computers on the road (this is a very high tech trip…). Meg said her latte was among the finest in her memory.

Mark and I played a tiring but enjoyable round at Waller Park in Santa Maria. I managed to get not one but two drives stuck up in trees, the second of the two was something like 40 feet up. I started climbing but got wise as the branches got smaller and ultimately got it down with some shaking. (I couldn’t leave my favorite driver stranded in California, could I?

We drove back to San Luis Obispo to get beer. I mean, it’s about time that the brew part of our Disc Golf Brew Tour got some attention. We brought our business to the Downtown Brewing Co. (Reviews to follow tomorrow…)

Our day ended with another cold night in damp sleeping bags, but it didn’t rain again, and now pretty much everything is dry, and tonight we’re sleeping at Mark’s uncle’s place anyway. Here’s to a good, warm night’s rest!

No comments: